AMD presented some news and facts on new and future releases of CPUs and GPUs. Project “Skybridge” and the move to 20nm was canceled to focus on the next generation cores “Zen” and “K12” in 16nm FinFET.
- new high performance x86 core “Zen” will feature new FX CPUs in 2016
- the ARM based Opteron A1100 “Seattle” release is in the 2nd half of 2015
- Radeon M300 Graphics for Notebooks in Q2/2015
- Radeon Desktop Series “Fiji” with HBM feature in Q2/2015
- 3rd Generation GCN Desktop Radeon Series with HBM2 in 16nm FinFET 2016
- first “Zen” based Desktop APUs and big “Opteron” server chips will be released in 2017